Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BRIDES

This time last year I was heartbroken, torn and in pieces. Yes… over a man. But not just any man because we were engaged to be married and were planning our wedding.
 This man and I were in a relationship for a year and a half before he popped the question; we were friends for a year and a half before we even started dating. I just said that to say that we knew each other fairly well. It wasn’t like a “let’s go to Vegas and get hitched ‘cause I love you since I’ve know you for a month” type thing….
 Anywho(because ‘who’ is more fun to say than ‘way’), we were in full swing with the planning(venue, food, music, etc.) and I was really excited, we both were… we kind of butt heads a few times because unlike most men who prefer to sit back and let the bride to be plan everything, my fiancĂ© wanted to have a say in EVERYTHING. No biggie though, we were young and in love.
That was May, fast forward to the end of April the following year, and there I was…moving out of the apartment we shared (I may or may not blog about the events that conspired in between the wedding planning and the break up. Not now though).
So because I’m the thrifty shopper that I am, I had found a bunch of invites, response cards, favor boxes and such that I (with the help of my coordinator) was planning to jazz up and personalize… Did I mention that I didn’t marry this man? Ok, good. The first summer of my broken engagement was really tough for me, I was a bipolar wreck. Don’t feel sad though, it got better!
 I went on the most amazing journey of self-discovery and learned so much about Tamarah(that’s me). During that time, I decided that I no longer “believed” in marriage. I convinced myself that it was overrated and no married person would ever be happy… in a way it was easier for me to imagine that everyone else was just as miserable as I was (at that time). Breathe easy though, I’ve since grown out of that mentality *pats self on back*
Okay, back to the point! So because there was no exchange of vows, there was no need to mail any invites or expect any responses (I’m actually laughing at myself here). But just because there was no wedding, didn’t mean that all the wedding stuff (for lack of a better word) I bought just dissipated. I was almost married, but everybody knows “almost doesn’t count”. Unless we’re counting the cost of this stuff I no longer need… but that’s neither here nor there.
With that said, what the heck do I do with these invites and such? What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. ummmmmmmmmm, do you know anyone else who is getting married? Just a thought.

    Any who, I'm looking forward to reading your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't know anyone getting married... guess I can yard sale them eventually.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete